Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Clean and simple challenge: 150

Stamps: 'Just Believe (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Plain card stock in cream, chocolate brown and gold.  DSP fibrous green Japanese paper, and gold print origami square
Ink: VersaColour - Sand Beige(151) and Bamboo (69)


I really enjoyed this new clean & simple challenge!! I decided to go back to the colours that I love, greens, gold and beige/brown.

I started by inking the large grass/flower piece with sand beige and bamboo green (for warmth) along the lower section. I stamped this on plain cream paper. Next, I added the smaller leaf stamp to the left of the main image. I cut the cream paper down to size and framed it with a piece of gold paper.

Separately, I cut a wide strip of the patterned gold origami paper, and  stuck it over my base card. The final piece to prepare was the green fibrous strip which I carefully tore to expose the edge.

Time to assemble the card! I placed the stamped piece centrally on the base card, and finished with the fibrous strip.  I wasn't going to add a sentiment, but changed my mind at the last minute.   I chose 'just for you' from the 'Just Believe' set and stamped in bamboo.

2 comments:

  1. Simple and stunning! Love those neutrals! Would also be nice with a sympathy sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are beautiful and restful. I like how you added texture with the torn base strip.

    ReplyDelete