Saturday, August 20, 2011

Birthday card with a new Origami design

A new post after what seems like an eternity of neglect!  Have had a lot on these last few weeks, and sadly my card making has been put on hold for a while... but the worst is over!! There is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel, so I managed to squeeze in some time to make a Birthday Card for my father in law.

I was so pleased with the card I made for my dad a few months ago, that I thought I would try something similar this time.  I went back on-line to find some new origami patterns (teabag folding), and settled for a 'triple star' design that I found (great pattern, and easy to follow).  The star is made up of eight individually folded pieces that all fit together with the help of some carefully applied glue!

I could almost turn this into a Christmas Card... I love the detail in the Origami paper, and how well it tied in with the navy base and gold embossed strips.

I just hope that it reaches its destination on time!

2 comments:

  1. This is very nice, I like how you framed the sides. It would also work well as a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sus! The blue background is a great colour

    ReplyDelete