Sunday, July 10, 2011

Clean and simple challenge: 148


Stamps: 'Just Believe' and 'Polka Dots and Petals' (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Pearl DSP, Kikki.K translucent DSP, chocolate brown and pale green DSP
Ink: VersaColour - Bamboo
Accessories: Gold Ribbon, Scallop cutting dies (various sizes) 


This card is my first entry in a clean and simple challenge. Most of my cardstock comes from off cuts, and things I have collected over the years.  It is hard to name/identify.  I started with a pearl card base, then cut out two scallops one slightly smaller than the other in chocolate brown and light green respectively.  I stamped the light green card with a stamp from the 'Just Believe' set, and stuck the two pieces together.  I then cut a strip from the translucent paper and cut out two small scalloped windows at either end.  With the smallest die in the set, I then cut two more pieces, stamped them each with a flower from the 'Polka Dots and Petals' set and arranged them all on the pearl card base with a gold ribbon strip running behind.
 

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!I like your color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I love the stamps you used and the dies work really well. A great addition to your growing collection :). Looks totally fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great take on the sketch. LOVE it. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this the colours are super. A great clean and simple design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. I love the paper pieced under the circles. It's a good look.

    ReplyDelete