Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

Happy birthday Dad... I don't really have any appropriate stamps for adult male cards, so I decided to try something different.

Quiet some time ago I had an interest in an origami style called tea bag folding I thought this might lead to a nice feature piece for my Dad's card.

I created a pin wheel using 8 pieces of folded Japanese origami paper, which I mounted onto a piece of black card.  I finished this off by sticking it over gold embossed paper and chocolate brown card stock.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Suz! But where are the tea bags??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours you used. It is stunning and I am sure your dad will like it. I have some tea bag folding books that you can borrow, but they are in Dutch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks like a lot of work but totally worth it! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete