Sunday, July 17, 2011

Clean and simple challenge: 149

Stamps: 'Punch Bunch' (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Plain White card stock, blueberry origami paper
Ink: VersaColour - Atlantic (68)
Accessories: Buttons and ribbon in 'Ice Cream Parlour'
(Stampin' Up), adhesive foam square, 'Atyou Spica' clear glitter pen.

Another clean & simple challenge!!  I found this one a little tricky as it is not a style I would ever think of on my own, and the colours I ended up using are a huge departure from the earthy tones I am usually drawn to.

So, affter a lot of trial and error I decided to stick with a plain white card base.  I started by sticking four abutting rows of ribbon onto a strip of white paper, then trimmed to the width of my base card.  On another small piece of white paper, I stamped the 'welcome baby' stamp from the 'punch bunch collection' in 'Atlantic' blue, and then coloured over it with the clear glitter pen





I found some blueberry coloured origami paper in my paper box, and cut this to make the ribbon shape to run down the centre of the card.  In the same blueberry colour, I cut out a backing for my stamped image.  I then arranged the pieces over the white card base (using a foam square under the stamped image) and finished by adding three coloured buttons.

2 comments:

  1. This is a really cute baby card. I love how you used the ribbon and buttons. It really matches the ink and paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Sweet and simple. Best of luck!

    Enjoy the Day! Vicki
    victorialavender.net

    ReplyDelete